Thursday, April 23, 2009

Carrying the past forward....

A friend has been pondering what parts of her past to carry forward, and it got me to thinking about the subject myself. Here are a couple of responses I put to her that might interest you:

In a sense, everything that has happened to you becomes a part of who you are and how you have developed. I think the real question is what you make of what life has given you.

In response to her question of why people enter and leave our lives:

This is a question I have often pondered myself. I can't tell you how or why things happen. Some reasons do become clear later down the road. Some people help us develop characteristics, thoughts, or just show us something new. Others help us realize strengths or characteristics in us that may have not been realized. All I do know for sure is that everything happens for a reason. Sometimes that reason is veiled or at the least foggy. Every person you have met in your life has contributed in some way, no matter how minute, to who you are today.
As far as the doc goes, just be honest about how you feel. You cannot control anyone else, but at least you can try.

No comments:

Post a Comment